Say goodbye to being disconnected while travelling. World traveller Fox Nomad has come up with a brilliant map (see below) which shows the passwords for airport lounges and airports around the world. Frequent flyers finding you can’t always access the free wifi password without a local number? This map solves the problem. Simply click on the airplanes on the map to see the name of the airport, lounge and password. Follow his Facebook page for daily updates on new passwords.
Courtesy of Fox Nomad. Updated daily.
Look out for these airports, which offer the fastest airport wifi in the world:
1. Don Mueang International Airport, Thailand
2. Bill and Hillary Clinton International, Arkansas, USA
3. Kuala Lampur International Airport
4. Chattanooga International Airport Tennessee, USA
5. Chiang Mai International Airport, Thailand
6. Houston George Bush Intercontinental, Texas, USA
7. Hay Yai International Airport, Thailand
8. Chiang Rai International Airport, Thailand
9. Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand
10. Lennart Meri Tallinn Airport, Estonia
So now we know Thailand rules in the fast, free airport wifi department. For cheap flights to Bangkok, Travelstart’s got you covered.
Golden tips for frequent flyers
Fox Nomad also recommends investing in a usb wireless antenna, this will dramatically increase your wireless range and enable you to use the airport wifi while sitting in a comfortable chair out of the normal wifi range. You can also use an app such as netspot which helps you to troubleshoot the WLAN signal level.
Low tech solution
If you can’t access the wifi Fox Nomad also recommends adding “?.jpg” at the end of any web address you want to access.
Stay connected wherever you are with these handy tips. Do you have any to add? We’d love to hear about them in the comments below.
For more travel hacks read: