Since I would never try to photograph celebrities who are just trying to do their own thing the only pi.jpgcture I can offer is from the shooting of the movie "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" with Nicholas Cage (he can be spotted with the black hat in the middle).
In any major city you run into famous people once in a while. The thing with a really big city like New York is that also the celebrities are bigger. During my 8 months here there has been a few and even though they don't always frequent the same places this is where I saw them:
• One of the twin sisters, Mary-Kate Olsen, was spotted doing yoga at "Yoga To the People" in the East Village.
• Also in the East Village, Matt Dillon was having dinner with a group of friends at Italian "Gnocco" that has really great truffle pi.jpgzza.
• A popular paparazzi spot is "Da Silvano" on 6th Ave in the West Village. The last celebritity I saw there was "Umbrella" singer Rihanna.
• Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin were eating at hip Brit pub "The Spotted Pig", also in the West Village.
• Another couple, Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith, was seen walking hand in hand down Broadway around 50th St.
• Since "Sex and the City", "Gossip Girl" has taken over as the tv show of New York. Matthew Settle who plays the father Rufus Humphrey spent a Saturday night in the bar at SoHo Grand.