Purpose of Role
Business System Administrators are responsible for optimizing the business value generated by the Travelstart technology stack by tuning configurations and closely monitoring the impact of these changes. Configurations include (but are not limited to)
- Travelstart Business rule tables
- GDS Configuration (Office ID settings, Web services access points)
- Travelstart config files (through development)
- Payment Service Provider configurations
- Handle change requests from other Travelstart departments; assess impact of the change, make the change, ensure changes are communicated to relevant stakeholders and analyse the impact of the change.
- Investigate issues (1st and 2nd level support) reported by either business stakeholders or through automatically generated alerts. Analysis includes looking at system logs, data patterns and involving relevant technical stakeholders to identify root cause and possible resolutions.
- Activate new features delivered by the development team while closely monitoring their impact.
- Work closely with the development team explaining current functionality and providing detailed requirements for new features.
- Assist development team when necessary with testing of new features and/or bug fixes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement by doing data analysis including competitive analysis.
- Keep up to date with competitor behaviour as well as industry trends / movements.
- Work closely with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues and/or optimize usage.
- Identify areas for improvements / new developments that will benefit the operation of the platform and as such the generated business value.
- Carry out routine auditing, monitoring, testing and maintenance.
- Monitoring the error rate on supplier and payment level and reporting thereof to the relevant department head for action.
- Take ownership of customer issues reported and see problems through to resolution.
- Develop and maintain system administration documentation.
- Provide advice, support and assistance to relevant stakeholders.
- Full Amadeus expertise (other GDS’s advantageous)
- Fare expert (understand how fares are loaded)
- Understanding of airline distribution
- Working experience with Travel distribution technology (advantageous)
- Full and comprehensive understanding of the website flow, from user to back-end.
- Data centric
- Microsoft Office
- Open to working ad-hoc after hours and standby rotation
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV (maximum 3 pages), to: email@example.com
When Applying - It is a real "plus" if you send us a 3min MAX video recording of who you are, Why you are the best candidate for the role and why you are interested in the role!’
Please include a copy of your academic certificate and transcript (marks).
The reference for this opportunity is “Business System Administrator” please insert this into the subject line of your email application.
Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the discretion of Travelstart. Good luck!