Purpose of Role
To work within the Customer Experience Team (Kenya) with focus in assisting clients towards a first contact resolution.
To be the first point of contact telephonic and written consultation with clients – offering a positive customer
experience to our client or assisting with any other queries within Operations.
Constantly maintaining a high quality and error free handling of tasks.
To offer world class Customer Service to Travelstart clients.
Key Performance Area & Indicator
- Servicing clients via various contact channels within SLA towards first contact resolution;
- Offering clients options to resolve their queries;
- Close cooperation with suppliers in order to find best solution for clients; and
- Providing excellent customer service adhering to quality and quantity standards as specified by Travelstart
- Meeting targets as the set QA score card for the team;
- Updating relevant information in bookings with each contact received;
- Maintaining good and improving existing or initiating new relationships with suppliers;
- Maintain reports on certain products and vouchers;
- Ensuring our customers have a positive customer experience; and
- Escalation of any problems that our customers are experiencing on the website ( bugs/ festure requests).
- Actioning bookings that have been placed on the relevant queues as per roadmap;
- Fare Calculations;
- Issuing Tickets;
- Informing clients of Schedule Changes; and
- Contact totals as per roadmap.
- Ensure minimal errors within the set standard of the team; and
- Working with and applying airline rules on both international and domestic carriers to avoid ADM’s / errors.
- Adhoc tasks that is required within Operations across all teams as per business needs;
- The ability to work at a fast pace with high levels of accuracy; and
- The ability to work independantly.
- At least 2 years in Travel Industry;
- Customer Service experience- on all contact channels;
- Amadeus or anyother GDS;
- Knowledge of Customer Service principles and practices;
- Ticketing experience beneficial;
- Fares knowledge and calculations essential;
- Aviation or OTA experience beneficial; and
- Exposure to and understanding of airline rules beneficial.
- Understanding of Travelstart products – in house;
- Understanding of Travelstart back office system – TCC – in house; and
- Understanding of Travelstart policies - In house.
Personal Competency Requirements
- Customer Service orientation;
- Swahili, native speaker, is a non-negotiable;
- Strong grasp of English language;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to follow set procedures;
- Level of urgency;
- Time Management;
- Self motivated;
- Being able to multitask;
- Be proactive with a positive approach;
- Ability to adapt to change; and
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV (maximum 3 pages), to: email@example.com
Please include a copy of your academic certificate and transcript (marks).
The reference for this opportunity is
“Operations and Customer Service Agent (Nairobi Office)”. Please insert this into the subject line of
your email application Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Please
note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the discretion
of Travelstart. Good luck!