The Aquila Game Reserve is a malaria-free game park near Cape Town. It’s popular because of its proximity to Cape Town and because it has Africa’s Big Five. Situated on 4500 hectares in the Klein Karoo, Aquila also boasts a rehabilitation centre for wildlife where the focus is on protecting, reintroducing and breeding some of the most endangered species in Sub Saharan Africa.
Aquila Private Game Reserve
The Aquila Game Reserve is conveniently located near Cape Town and is perfect for day trips or longer overnight trips to see the Big 5.
Horseback Safaris at Aquila
If you’re after an eco-friendly experience then opt for a horseback safari at Aquila Game Reserve. In the interest of the animals, the horseback safaris are limited to 3 people at a time and your guides are a wealth of knowledge as they guide you safely through the reserve. Be sure to ask lots of questions – the guides love that!
As a 4-Star destination, Aquila has a number of facilities including:
- A salt water swimming pool
- 4X4 Safaris
- Quad Biking
- Genuine Bushman Paintings
- Excellent Bird watching
- Honeymoon suite with sunken rock Jacuzzi
- Get up close and personal with Cheetahs in the Cheetah Enclosure
There is also a conference centre at Aquila, a thatched boma area, a pool bar and a cigar bar and lounge.
Aquila Game Reserve Location
- Take the scenic N1 highway from Cape Town for about 130km
- About 30km after ‘De Doorns’ turn left on to the R46 heading toward Ceres
- After about 3km you will see the Aquila Game Reserve on your left
GPS co-ordinates: 33º21’07.64” South 19º56’07.64” East