Margate is situated 160km south of Durban on the warm Kwazulu-Natal coastline. It has a national airport.
Margate is very popular amongst students and matriculants during the holiday seasons. Youngsters flock to this town and it becomes a beehive of activity 24 hours a day.
Activities in and around Margate:
- Clubbing – Margate boasts a few night clubs that’ll have you dancing the night away.
- Shoppi.jpgng – Small shops line the main street.
- Sunbathing/tanning and swimming – Lifeguards are on duty right through the year. Shark nets protect the swimming beaches.
- UShaka Marine World – in Durban.
- Gambling at the Wild Coast Sun.
- When visiting South Africa keep valuables out of sight.
- Between 12 and 3 pm daily, the African sun is at its hottest and most dangerous. Keep sun block, an umbrella, sunglasses and a hat handy if you plan on playing in the waves.
- Park only in clearly marked public parking spaces with guards.
- Temperatures are mild to hot (in winter 10 degrees Celsius and in summer up to mid thirties with high humidity levels).
- Kwazulu-Natal has great weather almost 99% of the year.