Crank up the air conditioning cause Cape Town summer is here in all its glorious incarnations. Sun-seekers, ice-cream eaters, mountain explorers get excited for all that summer days in Cape Town have to offer!
1. Climb to Wally’s Cave on Lion’s Head for unreal views of Table Mountain
Love this daring shot by @mariusventer! Check out Marius’ incredible feed…and keep tagging #beautifulsouthafrica! ——————- #southafrica #capetown #lovecapetown #tablemountain #lionshead #hike #healthy #fitness #explore #adventure #landscape #mountain #beautiful #awesome #view #nature #sunny #sky #awesomeearth #visitpics
It’s actually not as daunting as it looks. The trail to Wally’s Cave is 40 minutes long from the parking lot by Lion’s Head and just involves quite a lot of up hill, the views are well worth the effort!
For specific directions to the cave read:
2. Head to the Grand for a summer cocktail with your toes in the sand
A photo posted by Luke Linder (@luke_linder) on
3. Catch a game in the Cape Town Stadium
4. Make it your mission to find the best ice cream in Cape Town
A photo posted by The Creamery (@thecreamerysa) on
Whether that be Unframed Ice Cream on Kloof, the Creamery Ice Cream in Mouille Point or the Ice Café in Kalk Bay.
5. Ditch 4 wheels for 2 when you rent bikes from Up Cyles on the promenade in Sea Point
Hope you’ve all had a bikes and ice cream kinda weekend! ????????????????? #bikehire #bikelife #bikelove #bikeride #bike #bicycle #bici #bicicleta #velo #love #cycling #sunday #icecream #sundayfunday #weekend #seapoint #promenade #capetown #southafrica #africa #fashion #style #gentlemen #summer #happy #healthy #fun #smile #exercise #upcycles Repost @ta_luba feat @buddha_sk
6. Take a dive into the Trafalgar public pool in Woodstock or the Sea Point Pavilion pool- the most fun places to be this summer
A photo posted by Shakirah Sky (@shakirah_sky) on
The Trafalgar pool is open everyday from 10am to 5pm.
The Sea Point Pavilion pool is open everyday from 7am to 7pm in summer.
A small entrance fee is charged per person at both pools.
7. Take the train to Muizenburg and capture a classic holiday snap
8. Amp things up by renting a kite board and taking on the waves in Bloubergstrand
A photo posted by David Devo Oosthuizen (@devographic) on
Plus you’ll get a spectacular new vista of the mountain.
9. Slam a classic tequila at Cabrito in Green Point
Don’t miss out on the authentic tacos upstairs in El Burro, or at their smaller restaurant on Kloof neck.
10. Festive shopping at the V & A Waterfront
A photo posted by Jaana Tapio (@jaanatapio) on
There’s so much going on here this festive season- street performers, markets, sport broadcasts, sunset cruises, you name it.
11. Take in the coast by kayak with Kaskazi kayaks
If you’re lucky you might even encounter the endemic Haviside’s dolphins as you hug the coast. Particularly on morning kayak trips. You’ll see the 12 apostles, Lion’s Head, Signal Hill and Table Mountain all from your kayak.
R350 per person for 2 hours. Book here.
12. Visit the Castle of Good Hope for a look at the history of the Cape, also don’t miss out on their Christmas market!
A photo posted by Castle of Good Hope (@castleofgoodhope) on
Read about this market and others here:
13. For a fun day out visit the twice daily duck parade at Vergenoegd Winery in Stellenbosch
Kids will love watching the Runner Ducks march out to the vineyards to do their eco-friendly jobs of de-snailing the vines.
14. Take an easy surf class in Muizenburg with Gary’s Surf School
A photo posted by Samira Alhassan, 25 (@samira_13) on
This is the warmest water you’re going to find in Cape Town and the friendliest waves.
15. For avid hikers Myburgh Ravine offers unusual and truly spectacular views of Llandudno, little Lion’s Head and Big Lion’s Head
I spy a bay
In summer the familiar hikes can get very crowded, the Myburgh Suikerbossie route is less well known. Park by the Suikerbossie hotel, take the Suikerbossie public path then turn right through the forest going along until you reach the Myburgh Ravine.
You will need to be fairly fit, take plenty of water along and a camera for all the photos you’ll want to take. 4 hours round hike.
No summer trip to Cape Town is complete without a City Sightseeing Red Bus Tour
A photo posted by Kelly Lane (@kooopsb) on
R170 gets you a full day of fun- visit Hout Bay, head to the Constantia winelands, Camps Bay, Kirstenbosch, Sea Point, you name it. Just pick a line and head out for a summery day of adventure.
Make the most of the Cableway Sunset Special on Table Mountain
This wonderful half price special is running until December 18, and then again from January 4 to February 29.
Return tickets are half price after 6pm (this excludes dates 19 December 2016 – 3 January 2017).
Adults pay half price at R127.50 per ticket.
Children pay half price at R62.50 per ticket.
Tickets are available online from November 1 (to be used only from 18h00 on the day of your visit) and from the Ticket Office at the Lower Cableway Station from 18h00
Good to know: it is not advisable to use the free park-and-ride MyCiTi bus service for the Sunset Special as the service runs until 7pm only.
Watch the sunset from Signal Hill for free!
Sunsets in Cape Town – a picture says more than a thousand words 🙂 Thanks, @cansusen #tablemountain #signalhill #citybowl #beachroad #capetown #sunset #touristhotspot #sunrise #campsbaylife #sunset #africansummer #lovecapetown #capetownbeaches #capetownbeauty #capetownblog #capetownblogger #travel #travelling #travellovers #travelgram #travelshots #travelshot #traveler #travelblogger #southafricanphotographer #thisiscapetown #southafrica #mycampsbay #12apostles #lionshead