Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: If I already “like” the Travelstart Facebook page can I still enter?
A: Yes, you can, just skip the step where you need to like the page. Don’t click the little cross on the like button – this will unsubscribe you!
Q: If I am already subscribed to Travelstart’s newsletter can I still enter?
A: Yes, you can, you will just need to click the “subscribe & complete” button to enter yourself.
Q: If I am already subscribed to Travelstart’s newsletter, what will happen if I click “subscribe & complete”?
A: You will just be entered into the competition, you will not be unsubscribed from the newsletter or be subscribed twice.
Q: What information does Travelstart get from Facebook?
A: Travelstart gets your email address and name, this is needed for the sign-up for the newsletter and to record you as an entrant for the competition.
Q: What does Travelstart do with the info I let them take from Facebook?
A: We will only use it to sign up for the newsletter and to record you as an entrant into the competition, we will not share it with any 3rd party or use it to contact you for anything other than the competition you entered or the newsletter you’ve subscribed to.
Q: What happens if I don’t want to remain subscribed to the newsletter, can I unsubscribe?
A: Yes, you can unsubscribe at any time, but, if you are unsubscribed at the time of the draw you will not qualify for the prize.
Q: What is the hotel like in the prize?
A: The hotel is one of the highest rated in Zanzibar by customer satisfaction, it’s not a 5 star resort, but is well known for its excellent food, staff and relaxed setting right on the beach.
Terms and conditions:
Entering the competition:
1. The entrant must allow the competition application to access their basic Facebook data.
– a. The entrant must be a Facebook user
2. The entrant must click the “subscribe & complete” button on the competition site
3. The entrant must be subscribed to the Travelstart newsletter
– a. The entrant must remain subscribed to the newsletter at the time of the drawing of the winner
4. The entrant must “like”Travelstart’s Facebook page using the “like” button for that page
– a. The entrant must remain “liking” that page at the time of drawing of the winner
Picking the winner:
5. The judge’s decision is final
6. The winner will be contacted via email, on the address used to access their Facebook account
– a. The winner must respond to the email within 48 hours and provide Travelstart with a photo of themselves
– b. The photo may be published on Facebook, Twitter, Travelstart’s Newsletter and Travelstart’s websites
– c. Failure to comply will disqualify the entrant from winning and a new winner will be picked
7. The competition closes on 10 April 2011 at 23:59
8. The winner will be picked during the week of 11 – 17 April 2011
9. The winner will be announced during the week of 18 – 24 April
10. The levels of the prize are detailed on the landing page, the elements thereof are detailed as follows:
– a. 7 nights accommodation for two travellers only at the Coral Rock Hotel in Zanzibar, Tanzania including:
– – i. Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
– – ii. 2 Activities in Zanzibar – as stipulated by the hotel
– – iii. Return Airport/Hotel transfers
– b. Vouchers to be used with Travelstart South Africa alone
– – i. Vouchers cannot be used with third party
– – ii. Vouchers must be used for flights to Zanzibar only in conjunction with utilisation of the prize sponsored by Coral Rock Hotel
– c. Two return tickets from Johannesburg to Zanzibar from 1Time Airlines including all pre-payable taxes.
– d. Anything not mentioned above will be at the winner’s expense.
11. Utilisation of the prize is subject to availability at time of booking
– a. All travel with the prize must be completed by 30 November 2011
– b. Bookings must be made at least 30 days prior to departure