Fly with Ethiopian Airlines
Flight Routes Include:
ET846 + ET847. Fly direct non-stop with the Dreamliner 787 from Cape Town to Addis Ababa return. Operates daily except for Saturday
ET848 + ET849 – Operates from Cape Town to Addis Ababa return with a technical stop in Johannesburg. Operates Fridays/Sundays/Tuesdays/Wednesdays – operated by Boeing 767-300
Getting To Know Ethiopian Airlines
With its cosmic-sounding airline code ET, Ethiopian Airlines is the national flag carrier airline of Ethiopia, a member of the Star alliance and one of the largest and fastest growing airlines in Africa.
Operating from the beautiful city of Addis Ababa, Ethiopian Airlines flies to more destinations in Africa than any other airline carrier in the world; offering access to most of mother Africa's colorful cities.
Book cheap flights with Ethiopian Airlines with Travelstart today!
Why fly with Ethiopian Airlines?
- Ethiopian Airlines operates more than 60 aircraft for passenger flights, while having placed orders for about 50 more aircraft to extend its flights and destinations network as planned in the near future.
- With the highest number of daily flights, destinations and countries flown to, Star Alliance network is the largest airline network in the world of which Ethiopian has been member since 2011.
- With the airline's ShebaMiles frequent-flyer program, you can hold different membership status levels granting you access to the alliance's various benefits.
Your free baggage allowance depends on your destination and flight class, for most flights, the free allowance is set as follows:
- Cloud Nine (Business): 3 pieces, 23 kg each.
- Economy: 2 pieces, 23 kg each.
- Infant: 1 piece, 10 kg, its dimensions sum not exceeding 115 cm; plus one fully collapsible stroller/push chair.
- Cloud Nine (Business): 2 pieces, 8 kg each.
- Economy: 1 piece, 7kg.
- Personal items like a laptop, purse, book or camera, are free to carry.
- Each single item of checked-in baggage shall not exceed 158 cm.
- Baggage allowance may change when flying on Codeshare or Interline partner flights.
- Check-in counters: At the airport open 3 hours before departure and close 1 hour prior to it, each passenger is requested to report at the airport's check-in counter 3 hours prior to departure time.
- Online Check-in: For your comfort, you can check-in online from 48 hours to 2 hours before departure of your international flight.
- Cloud Nine (Business Class): Offering luxurious seats and services including the best dining options, a wide variety of international and local magazines and newspapers and a selection of various amenities; while offering sleeper seats and on-demand audio and video services with 15.4 inch IFE screens and 85 channels on Boeing787 and 777-200LR aircraft.
- Economy Class: Offering basic comfortable seats with In-Flight entertainment on Boeing 767 and 757 aircraft, while offering reclining seats with more legroom and spacious cabin, plus on-demand audio and video services with 8.9 inch screens and 80 different channels on Boeing787 and 777-200LR aircraft.
Now in its 67th year, Ethiopian Airlines has grown to become one of Africa’s biggest commercial airlines and an undeniable emerging force on the international scene. Its escalating fleet of modern Boeing aircrafts drives its ever expanding route network
Operating from its hub in Addis Ababa, Ethiopian flies to 93 destinations worldwide, including 55 cities in Africa, seven in Europe, two in the Americas and 16 in the Middle East and Asia, while having scheduled flights between Also offering direct flights from South Africa (Johannesburg) and Ethopia (Addis Ababa).
- Nairobi - NBO
- Addis Ababa - ADD
- Cape Town - CPT
- Johannesburg - JNB
- Zanzibar - ZNZ
- Lusaka - LUN
- Dar Es Salaam - DAR
Currently ET flight schedule for South Africa includes: 9 Flights ex CPT, 4 Flights ex DUR, 10 Flights ex JNB
ET offers best connectivity on its network using three different hubs, has the youngest fleet with modern aircraft and latest technology and on-board facilities
Ethiopian Airlines also offer STPC to all passengers with lay over more than 8 hours, less than 24hours. Accommodation, transfer to and from Hotel and transit visa for the day will be provided to citizens who are eligible.B-787 Dreamliner
Having recently taken delivery of a state-of-the-art Dreamliner, Ethiopian is one of the airlines at the forefront of African aviation. And for passengers flying Ethiopian from Johannesburg, this is the aircraft that will be used on the route connecting South Africa to Addis Ababa. Ethiopian is the first airline in Africa to operate the aircraft and flights from Johannesburg to Addis Ababa commence in summer 2012.
With 246 Economy and 24 Business Class seats, the Dreamliner is more efficient and less costly for airlines to operate and for passengers it promises a whole new experience.
|Code:||Hub:||Frequent-flyer Program:||Alliance:||Inflight Magazine:|
|ET||Bole International Airport||ShebaMiles||Star Alliance||Selamta|
Disclaimer: The information on this page is correct as of November 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.