Fly with Virgin Atlantic
Virgin Atlantic is an independent airline based in the UK servicing South Africa on the Johannesburg to Heathrow and Johannesburg to New York routes. In the summer months, Virgin offers direct flights from Cape Town to London Heathrow.
Virgin Airlines is led by intrepid business tycoon Richard Branson and their journey to become one of the world’s largest international airliners is a very interesting story. After starting operations in 1984 with a flight from London Gatwick to Newark, New Jersey, Virgin Atlantic has expanded to become one of the most sought after global airliners. As the UK’s second largest international airline, VA operates scheduled flights to South Africa on a daily basis. Their far reaching network ensures that they are able to offer cheap flights to almost anywhere in the world.
Virgin Airlines Flights to South Africa
Virgin Atlantic flights depart daily from Johannesburg to London Heathrow and during the South African summer months (October to late April) daily non-stop from Cape Town to London Heathrow.
Book a cheap Virgin Airlines flight from South Africa to England and on to the Caribbean for a bit of reflection and relaxation. Fly Virgin via London to the United States from South Africa and discover iconic cities like Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, and New York.
Virgin Airlines is known for offering some of the best in flight services and entertainment in the skies. Virgin Atlantic offers cheap flights direct to London and beyond. Find cheap Virgin Atlantic flights in South Africa with Travelstart.
Value adds when travelling on Virgin Atlantic
- South African Passport Holders can transit in the UK without a transit visa if they are travelling to: USA & Canada and departing within 24 hours of arrival in the UK
- Virgin Atlantic will carry most sports equipment for no extra charge, provided it weighs less than 23kg-for exceptions please contact our call centre on 0861 878 278
- Infants receive a full 23kg baggage allowance
- Passengers travelling with infants or children can bring a fully collapsible pushchair and car seat, in addition to their 23kg luggage allowance
- Full refund on denied visas.NOT ONLY UK VISA!
Baggage Allowances when travelling on Virgin Atlantic
- Economy Class to London Heathrow 1 bag x 23kg
- Economy Class to USA 2 bags x 23kg each
- Premium Economy 2 bags x 23kg each
- Upper Class 3 bags x 32 kg each
- Hand Luggage 10 kgs
Economy class Benefits
- Comfy seats with a 31in (79cm) seat pitch
- Upgrade to extra legroom or exit row seats
- A choice of three tasty meals, plus a separate dessert service and a speciality cocktail on most flights
- Complimentary drinks and snacks are served throughout your journey
- Over 300 hours of on demand entertainment
- Complimentary amenity kit
- Free kids backpacks, movie channels, and pre-orderable meals
Premium Economy class Benefits
- Dedicated check in and priority boarding
- A preflight glass of bubbly and complimentary newspaper
- Purple leather seat with a 38in (95cm) seat pitch, headrest and footrest
- A choice of three delicious main meals, served on china, with stainless steel cutlery and linen and an after dinner liqueur
- Complimentary amenity kit
- Laptop power in every seat
Upper class Benefits
- Complimentary chauffeur driven car to and from the airport.
- At London Heathrow, Drive Thru Check In and Private Security Channel Preflight access to the award winning Virgin Atlantic Clubhouses
- One of the longest fully flat beds in business class
- Brasserie style Upper Class meal experience
- Onboard bar
- On arrival, access to the Revivals lounge at London Heathrow, open daily 5am– 1:30pm
Virgin Atlantic 787 Dreamliner
With the new Virgin Atlantic 787 Dreamliner, the journey can be as enjoyable as the destination. With award-winning leather seats, mood lighting to minimise jet lag, WiFi on-board and fresher cabin air than ever, you'll arrive feeling refreshed and ready to make the most of your trip. A more sustainable aircraft with a higher fuel efficiency, the 787 Dreamliner has fewer moving parts, making it more reliable getting you to your destination on time, nearly every time.
Book Virgin Atlantic Flights
Virgin Atlantic offers cheap international flights from South Africa to a number of destinations. Find your cheap Virgin Atlantic flight with Travelstart and compare the flight ticket prices with a number of other carriers like British Airways, Air France, KLM, Etihad and Lufthansa.