* Please note that the prices are subject to availability and block out dates do apply over peak season.
Why fly with United Airlines
Connecting People to the World
Fly with United Airlines to Washington and New York (EWR) on our nonstop flights and connect to more than 250 destinations across the Americas
United Airlines’ ultra-modern fleet is among the most fuel-efficient in the world, which means you’re keeping your carbon footprint nice and low.
Their MileagePlus loyalty program has received numerous accolades, including consistently being voted the best Frequent Flyer Program by Global Traveller magazine!
With their high levels of inflight comfort and personal service, you’ll arrive refreshed upon reaching your final destination. From complimentary meal service in United Economy® to seats that lie flat in United Polaris® Business Class, air travel is a pleasure with United Airlines.
Choose United Airlines to fly to more than 210 destinations in the U.S. and more than 120 destinations internationally — every day we operate more than 4,500 flights across five continents. Our comprehensive route network means you can book a direct or connecting flight to and from airports all over the world. Our main U.S. hubs are located in the major cities of Chicago, Denver, Houston, New York/Newark, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. United is a founding member of Star Alliance™, whose entire network provides service to nearly 200 countries.
United Airlines launched direct daily non-stop flights from Johannesburg in 2021 to New York (Newark), using their brand new, state of the art Boeing 787-9. Together with the airline’s year-round, three-times-weekly service between Cape Town and New York and three-times-weekly service between Cape Town and Washington Dulles Airport starting 18 November 2022, United's 13 weekly flights now offers more nonstop services from South Africa than any other US airline
Book United Airlines flights to New York, Washington, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and other exciting destinations!
United Economy and Premium Economy
• 2 pieces of checked baggage of 23kg
United Polaris Business Class
• 2 pieces of checked baggage of 32kg
Baggage allowance may vary depending on your route, cabin class, and MileagePlus status, so always confirm your baggage restrictions before checking in for your flight.
Children and Infants
• The standard checked baggage allowance applies to children and infants. United Airlines accepts one stroller and one car seat free of charge for each child.
Passengers are advised to check in at least four hours before the scheduled departure of their international flight. Passengers flying domestically within the US can check in an hour before the scheduled departure of their international flight.
United Airlines Online Check-in
Starting 24 hours before your scheduled departure time , you can check in for your flight at united.com/checkin and enter your ticket number and last name. This facility closes two hours before the scheduled departure of flights.
All passengers, both adults and children, must be in possession of valid identification documents and also their passports as well as any visas required. If you are unable to produce identification and any other documents required, you will not be allowed to board the flight.
Make sure to register and upload your travel documents (Passport copy, Visa, etc.) on United’s state of the art Travel Ready Centre. Clients can also find updated info about their booking, required documentation as well as other information on the platform.
United Economy - Great service meets good value
• Ergonomically-designed seats with up to 32 inches of legroom with blankets and pillows available during the flight
• Blankets and pillows
• Complimentary beer and wine, and a hearty three-course meal
• Enjoy the latest Hollywood movies on seatback screens
• Stay connected with Wi-Fi available on all mainline flights
• With their inclusive fares, you don’t have to pay extra for a 23kg bag and an allocated seat
United Economy Plus - Stretch out with extra legroom
• All the benefits and services of United Economy, but with extra space and added comfort
• Up to four additional inches of legroom providing a total of up to 36 inches
• Seats located near the front of the United Economy cabin allowing faster exit on arrival
United Polaris® Business Class - The shining star of business class
• A feature-rich seatback entertainment system and personal device entertainment with noise-reducing headphones
• Chef-designed menus with award-winning wines and champagnes
• Sleep-themed amenity kits, including spa-quality products and branded sleepwear
• Cool-gel memory foam pillows and Saks Fifth Avenue luxury bedding, including pillows, blankets and duvets
• Dedicated check-in counters and security lanes, priority baggage handling and priority boarding with Premier Access®
• Access to United Polaris lounges and select airline partner lounges
Stay connected with Wi-Fi available on all mainline flights and FREE messaging.
United offers free seating on all its booking classes.
For economy class specifically the free seating is towards the back of the aircraft, preferred zone seating at the middle of the cabin which is purchasable between $30-$40 and then your extra legroom seats which is located at the front of the cabin can be purchased between $182-$232 these allow for up to 6inch extra legroom.
Whether it’s New York, Miami, Las Vegas or Los Angeles, the vast United network is perfect for adventure-filled holidays and efficient business travel. United Airlines® offers comprehensive access to the USA from Europe, Middle East and Africa, with onward connections from its seven hubs to over 250 destinations across the Americas.
Major hubs are:
• Denver International Airport, US
• Houston/George Bush Intercontinental Airport, US
• Los Angeles International Airport, US
• Newark Liberty International Airport, US
• San Francisco International Airport, US
• Washington Dulles International Airport, US
Discover New York
Getting to and from the Big Apple is easier than ever thanks to United's New York (EWR) hub. EWR is faster by rideshare or taxi to most of Manhattan compared to JFK, and only 30 minutes by train via Penn Station. And with a state-of-the-art terminal with unique dining and shopping experiences, EWR is the New York area's premier gateway to Manhattan.
Newark Liberty International Airport
The information on this page is correct as of date of publishing. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
Why book with us
Bringing you the best fares from all airlines
Expert assistance from booking to departure
Online destinations for planning your travels
Already Booked your Flight?
Explore our Hotel listings:
1000's of options worldwide
Need help with your booking? Contact our expert Travelstart Live agents
for guidance and booking assistance.