Why book with us
- Bringing you the best fares from all airlines
- Expert assistance from booking to departure
- Online destinations for planning your travels
Fly with United Airlines to New York and connect over 280 destinations across the Americas.
United Airlines’ ultra-modern fleet is among the most fuel-efficient in the world, which means you’re keeping your carbon footprint nice and low.
Their MileagePlus loyalty program has received numerous accolades, including consistently being voted the best Frequent Flyer Program by Global Traveller magazine!
With their high levels of inflight comfort and personal service, you’ll arrive refreshed upon reaching your final destination. From complimentary meal service in United Economy® to seats that lie flat in United Polaris® Business Class, air travel is a pleasure with United Airlines.
Together, United Airlines and United Express operate approximately 4,900 flights a day to 355 airports across five continents. In 2018, United and United Express operated more than 1.7 million flights carrying more than 158 million customers. United is proud to have the world's most comprehensive route network, including U.S. mainland hubs in Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/Newark, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. United operates 779 mainline aircraft and the airline's United Express carriers operate 569 regional aircraft. United is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides service to 193 countries via 28 member airlines
United Airlines has recently launched direct flights from Cape Town to New York, operating from 16 December 2019 - 27 March 2020.
You can enjoy direct flights 3 times a week from Cape Town International (CPT) to Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR). Choose between Economy, Economy Plus and United Polaris® Business Class seats.
Book United Airlines flights to New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and other exciting destinations!
1 piece of checked baggage of 23kg
United Polaris Business Class
2 pieces of checked baggage of 32kg
Baggage allowance may vary depending on your route, cabin class, and MileagePlus status, so always confirm your baggage restrictions before checking in for your flight.
Children and Infants
The standard checked baggage allowance applies to children and infants. United Airlines accepts one stroller and one car seat free of charge for each child.
Passengers are advised to check in at least 2 hours before the scheduled departure of their international flight. Passengers flying domestically within the US can check in an hour before the scheduled departure of their international flight.
United Airlines Online Check-in
Online check-in opens 24 hours and closes 2 hours before the scheduled departure of flights.
All passengers, both adults and children, must be in possession of valid identification documents and also their passports as well as any visas required. If you are unable to produce identification and any other documents required, you will not be allowed to board the flight.
United Economy - Great service meets good value
• Ergonomically-designed seats with up to 32 inches of legroom with blankets and pillows available during the flight
• Blankets and pillows
• Complimentary beer and wine, and a hearty three-course meal
• Enjoy the latest Hollywood movies on seat back screens
• Stay connected with Wi-Fi available on all mainline flights
• With their inclusive fares, you don’t have to pay extra for a 23kg bag and an allocated seat
United Economy Plus - Stretch out with extra legroom
• All the benefits and services of United Economy, but with extra space and added comfort
• Up to four additional inches of legroom providing a total of up to 35 inches of legroom
• Seats located near the front of the United Economy cabin allowing faster exit on arrival
United Polaris® Business Class - The shining star of business class
• A feature-rich seatback entertainment system and personal device entertainment with noise-reducing headphones
• Chef-designed menus and award-winning wines and champagnes
• Sleep-themed amenity kits including spa-quality products
• Cool-gel memory foam pillows and Saks Fifth Avenue luxury bedding – including pillows, blankets and duvets
• Dedicated check-in counters and security lanes, priority baggage handling and priority boarding with Premier Access®
• Access to United Polaris lounges and select airline partner lounges
Whether it’s Manhattan, Miami, Las Vegas or Los Angeles, the vast United network is perfect for adventure-filled holidays and efficient business travel. United operates out of seven US-based and four international airport hubs. O’Hare International Airport in Chicago serves as their main base.
The other 10 hubs are as follows:
• Denver International Airport, US
• Frankfurt International Airport, Germany
• Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport, Guam
• Houston/George Bush Intercontinental Airport, US
• London Heathrow International Airport, UK
• Los Angeles International Airport, US
• Newark Liberty International Airport, US
• San Francisco International Airport, US
• Tokyo Narita Airport, Japan
• Washington Dulles International Airport, US
Fly from Cape Town International Airport and discover New York, or connect to and explore over 280 destinations across the Americas.
United Airlines' direct flights from Cape Town to New York, will be available from 15 December 2019 - 27 March 2020. Outbound flights depart 3 times a week on Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Return flights from Newark Liberty International Airport to Cape Town International depart on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Discover New York
Getting to and from the Big Apple is easier than ever thanks to United's New York (EWR) hub. EWR is faster by rideshare or taxi to most of Manhattan compared to JFK, and only 30 minutes by train via Penn Station. And with a state-of-the-art terminal with unique dining and shopping experiences, EWR is the New York area's premier gateway to Manhattan.
|Hub airport:||Newark Liberty International Airport|
The information on this page is correct as of date of publishing. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
Explore our Hotel listings:
Need help with your booking? Contact our expert Travelstart Live agents for guidance and booking assistance