Why book with us
- Bringing you the best fares from all airlines
- Expert assistance from booking to departure
- Online destinations for planning your travels
|Flight Route||Airline||Trip Type||Travel Dates||Searched||Price From|
|Johannesburg - New York City, NY||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-15 to 2022-09-23||1 day||R15909.0|
|Johannesburg - Los Angeles, CA||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-26 to 2022-10-04||about 13 hours||R25300.4|
|Johannesburg - Atlanta, GA||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-20 to 2022-09-25||1 day||R21059.0|
|Johannesburg - Amarillo, TX||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-08-17 to 2022-09-14||1 day||R25049.0|
|Johannesburg - Buenos Aires||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-20 to 2022-10-18||about 13 hours||R42019.0|
|Johannesburg - Toronto||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-15 to 2022-11-21||about 13 hours||R19419.0|
|Cape Town - Dallas, TX||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-08-03 to 2022-08-21||about 13 hours||R23809.0|
|Johannesburg - New York City, NY||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-05 to 2022-09-24||1 day||R18479.0|
|Johannesburg - Sao Paulo||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-22 to 2022-09-29||about 13 hours||R50109.0|
|Cape Town - New York City, NY||United Airlines||ROUNDTRIP||2022-09-06 to 2022-09-13||about 13 hours||R17279.0|
Fly with United Airlines to New York and connect over 200 destinations across the Americas.
United Airlines’ ultra-modern fleet is among the most fuel-efficient in the world, which means you’re keeping your carbon footprint nice and low.
Their MileagePlus loyalty program has received numerous accolades, including consistently being voted the best Frequent Flyer Program by Global Traveller magazine!
With their high levels of inflight comfort and personal service, you’ll arrive refreshed upon reaching your final destination. From complimentary meal service in United Economy® to seats that lie flat in United Polaris® Business Class, air travel is a pleasure with United Airlines.
Flying with United gives you the opportunity to choose from 4000 daily flights to more than 300 cities across five continents. They serve an extensive network in the US, with more than 200 domestic destinations.
United Airlines recently launched direct daily* flights from Johannesburg to New York (Newark), using their brand new, state of the art Boeing 787-9. Together with the airline’s seasonal, three-times-weekly service between Cape Town and New York, United will offer more nonstop services from South Africa than any other US airline
Book United Airlines flights to New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and other exciting destinations!
*United Airlines' direct flights from Johannesburg to New York will operate five times a week from 8 September to 30 November and resume daily services from 1 December 2021. Flights will depart Johannesburg on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Return flights from Newark Liberty International Airport to Johannesburg OR Tambo International depart on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
2 pieces of checked baggage of 23kg
United Polaris Business Class
2 pieces of checked baggage of 32kg
Baggage allowance may vary depending on your route, cabin class, and MileagePlus status, so always confirm your baggage restrictions before checking in for your flight.
Children and Infants
The standard checked baggage allowance applies to children and infants. United Airlines accepts one stroller and one car seat free of charge for each child.
Passengers are advised to check in at least three hours before the scheduled departure of their international flight. Passengers flying domestically within the US can check in an hour before the scheduled departure of their international flight.
United Airlines Online Check-in
Online check-in opens 24 hours and closes two hours before the scheduled departure of flights.
All passengers, both adults and children, must be in possession of valid identification documents and also their passports as well as any visas required. If you are unable to produce identification and any other documents required, you will not be allowed to board the flight.
Make sure to register and upload your travel documents (Passport copy, Covid Test Results, Visa, etc.) on United’s state of the art (Travel Ready Centre)[https://www.united.com/en/us/travelreadycenter]. Clients can also find updated info about their booking, required documentation as well as other information on the platform.
United Economy - Great service meets good value
• Ergonomically-designed seats with up to 32 inches of legroom with blankets and pillows available during the flight
• Blankets and pillows
• Complimentary beer and wine, and a hearty three-course meal
• Enjoy the latest Hollywood movies on seatback screens
• Stay connected with Wi-Fi available on all mainline flights
• With their inclusive fares, you don’t have to pay extra for a 23kg bag and an allocated seat
United Economy Plus - Stretch out with extra legroom
• All the benefits and services of United Economy, but with extra space and added comfort
• Up to four additional inches of legroom providing a total of up to 36 inches
• Seats located near the front of the United Economy cabin allowing faster exit on arrival
United Polaris® Business Class - The shining star of business class
• A feature-rich seatback entertainment system and personal device entertainment with noise-reducing headphones
• Chef-designed menus with award-winning wines and champagnes
• Sleep-themed amenity kits, including spa-quality products and branded sleepwear
• Cool-gel memory foam pillows and Saks Fifth Avenue luxury bedding, including pillows, blankets and duvets
• Dedicated check-in counters and security lanes, priority baggage handling and priority boarding with Premier Access®
• Access to United Polaris lounges and select airline partner lounges
Whether it’s Manhattan, Miami, Las Vegas or Los Angeles, the vast United network is perfect for adventure-filled holidays and efficient business travel. United operates out of seven US-based and four international airport hubs. O’Hare International Airport in Chicago serves as their main base.
The other 10 hubs are:
• Denver International Airport, US
• Frankfurt International Airport, Germany
• Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport, Guam
• Houston/George Bush Intercontinental Airport, US
• London Heathrow International Airport, UK
• Los Angeles International Airport, US
• Newark Liberty International Airport, US
• San Francisco International Airport, US
• Tokyo Narita Airport, Japan
• Washington Dulles International Airport, US
Discover New York
Getting to and from the Big Apple is easier than ever thanks to United's New York (EWR) hub. EWR is faster by rideshare or taxi to most of Manhattan compared to JFK, and only 30 minutes by train via Penn Station. And with a state-of-the-art terminal with unique dining and shopping experiences, EWR is the New York area's premier gateway to Manhattan.
|Hub airport:||Newark Liberty International Airport|
The information on this page is correct as of date of publishing. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
Explore our Hotel listings:
Need help with your booking? Contact our expert Travelstart Live agents for guidance and booking assistance.