South African passport holders do need a visa to visit Abuja, Nigeria.
Leave plenty of time for visa processing.
Ensure your passport is valid for 6 months after the return date.
Have 2 blank pages available for entry stamps.
You will need the following when applying for your visa:
• Your current passport with at least 6 months’ validity and at least 2 blank pages.
• The application confirmation page from your online visa application.
• A copy of the barcoded confirmation document showing proof of payment and appointment.
• Your old passport (if possible) to show your travel history and previous visas.
• A recent photo (50mm x 50mm).
The South African High Commission to Nigeria is in Abuja.
Plot 371, Diplomatic Zone, Central Business District, Abuja.
Phone: + 234 9 782 2850 / + 234 9 782 2852.