Why book with us
- Bringing you the best fares from all airlines
- Expert assistance from booking to departure
- Online destinations for planning your travels
Airlink lives up to their name by linking South Africa’s small towns with larger cities by creating an efficient network of feeder routes.
A privately-owned airline with more than 50 aircraft in its fleet, Airlink boasts an on-time departure and arrival rate of 95% and will rarely cancel a flight.
Airlink is Southern Africa's largest independent regional airline and is determined to remain synonymous with excellence in customer-centricity and hospitality
Please note: any travellers that do not carry a completed Health Declaration form will not be allowed to travel, and may subsequently forfeit their travel ticket.
Airlink is a privately-owned regional airline, serving a comprehensive network of smaller destinations throughout Southern Africa. They now operate independently under their unique 4Z flight code, offering more freedom, more choices and more travel opportunities. As Southern Africa’s largest independent airline, Airlink has more than 50 commercial jetliners operating throughout Southern Africa. In 2019 they carried 2 million customers on more than 63,000 flights around Africa and to St Helena Island.
With a key focus on on-time departures and punctual arrivals, Airlink’s commitment to service excellence is unrivalled by most other regional airlines within Southern Africa.
While the Airlink fleet is smaller than most commercial airliners, they haven’t scrimped on baggage allowances.
• If you’re flying Economy Class on Airlink, then the usual 20kg baggage allowance applies.
• Business Class passengers are entitled to 30kg baggage allowance.
• Children and Infants paying at least 75% of the adult fare are entitled to the same baggage allowance as adults.
• Infants not entitled to a seat shall only be permitted 10kg and one collapsible stroller.
For carry-on luggage, your bags cannot exceed 8kg. Business Class passengers can carry two pieces of luggage onto the aircraft, and Economy Class passengers no more than one.
Maximum dimensions for one piece is 52cm x 20cm x 23cm. The size of one carry-on item can’t exceed the overall dimensions of 115cm.
Passengers are encouraged to check-in for their Airlink flight at least 2 hours before departure to avoid any delays.
Always allow yourself ample time to check in before flying. You never know what kind of hold-ups you may encounter on your way to the airport, and Airlink has a strict ‘no refunds’ policy for passengers that fail to check in on time.
Depending on your flight (domestic or regional), Airlink offers its passengers the option of Economy, or Business Class seating. Many smaller, domestic routes offer only one class cabin.
• Spacious seating
• Complimentary light meals and beverages
• In-flight magazine
• Wide, spacious seating with ample legroom
• Award-winning hot meals
• In-flight magazine
With its hub at Johannesburg’s O.R. Tambo Airport, Airlink offers flights to smaller towns in South Africa and regional centres, with convenient connections through their alliance with carriers on global networks, throughout Southern Africa and the world.
Airlink is currently operating the following flights:
• Johannesburg - Cape Town - Johannesburg
• Johannesburg - Port Elizabeth - Johannesburg
• Johannesburg - Bloemfontein - Johannesburg
• Johannesburg - Nelspruit (Kruger Mpumalanga Airport) - Johannesburg
• Johannesburg - East London - Johannesburg (from 24 Aug)
• Johannesburg - Kimberley - Johannesburg
• Johannesburg - Upington - Johannesburg (from 31 Aug)
• Johannesburg - Hoedspruit - Johannesburg (from 7 Sept)
• Johannesburg - Pietermaritzburg - Johannesburg (from 7 Sept)
• Johannesburg - Mthatha - Johannesburg (from 7 Sept)
• Johannesburg - Skukuza - Johannesburg (from 14 Sept)
• Cape Town - Port Elizabeth - Cape Town
• Cape Town - George - Cape Town
• Cape Town - Kimberley - Cape Town
• Cape Town - Bloemfontein - Cape Town
• Cape Town - Upington - Cape Town (from 7 Sept)
Airlink connects South Africa with 36 destinations in 9 African countries, across 55 routes.
Whether you’re looking to fly direct to your mine in the depths of Zambia, or simply hop over to your favourite private game reserve for the weekend, Airlink flights take you there comfortably in one of its 55 aircraft.
Experience the heart of the African bush when you sign up with the ‘Lodge Link Network Programme’, which takes you straight from Johannesburg, Durban, Livingstone and Cape Town to well known private lodges.
Their stylish fleet, reminiscent of a modern-day business tycoon’s private jet, consists of the 29-seater Jetstream 4100’s, ERJ 135 jet aircraft, and Grand Cessna Caravan 208BEX.
|Hub airport:||O.R. Tambo International|
The information on this page is correct as of date of publishing. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
Explore our Hotel listings:
Need help with your booking? Contact our expert Travelstart Live agents for guidance and booking assistance.