Each customer is allowed to carry ONLY one item of hand baggage free of charge. It should weigh no more than 7 kg with maximum dimensions of 55 x 35 x 20 cm.
In addition, a small handbag or laptop may also be taken on board provided it does not exceed 40 x 30 x 15 cm. It must be placed under the seat directly in front of you. Mothers with infants may also take a small bag containing immediate use items.
Should any hand luggage exceed the dimensions mentioned above, it will be checked in and charged as hold baggage at airport prices should the checked baggage allowance be exceeded.
The first piece of checked baggage (23kg) is included in the price of your fastjet ticket. It may include but is not limited to suitcases, baby stroller or pram, rucksacks, tents and any mobility equipment such as, wheelchairs, mobility aid devices and walking frames. It must be checked in at the airport before departure you will be travelling with a lot of luggage, we suggest booking your additional baggage online prior to your flight.
Fastjet baggage allowances
• On fastjet routes, each customer is allowed up to two (2) bags of 23 kg each. This is inclusive of the complimentary first bag.
• If your bag exceeds 23 kg, you will be charged extra for each additional kg.
• Please make sure your checked bags are within the prescribed dimensions.
• Oversized bags presented as checked baggage will be charged an excess rate provided that the bag is within the
acceptable dimensions prescribed by the Airport Operators.
• For safety reasons, no single item can exceed 32 kg or a combined dimension of 81 x 119 x 119 cm.
• Pre-book your baggage online (up to one hour prior to your flight departure), through the Call Centre or at a fastjet shop and save.
• There is NO refund or partial payment if your checked bag weighs less than the permitted weight per piece.
• Sports and music equipment are not accepted as normal baggage and will be charged at the corresponding price. As space is limited it is advised that you pre-book sport or music equipment.
• Travel systems (baby stroller or pram) and up to two mobility aids fly FREE OF CHARGE.
Visit the fastjet Fees and Charges section for a comprehensive breakdown of these costs.
Fastjet now allows customers to travel with Smart Bags provided the lithium battery is disconnected and removed at the check-in counter, and the bag adheres to size and weight restrictions mentioned above. The battery must then be carried with you into the aircraft cabin. For safety reasons, if you are unable to remove the battery fastjet won't accept it for carriage. This is in line with IATA rules.