Each customer is allowed to carry one item of cabin baggage free of charge. It should weigh no more than 7 kg with maximum dimensions of 55 x 35 x 20 cm. In addition, a small handbag or personal item may also be taken on board provided it does not exceed 40 x 30 x 15 cm. It must be placed under the seat directly in front of you. Customers travelling with infants may also take a small bag containing immediate use items with them.
Should any cabin baggage exceed the dimensions mentioned above, it will be checked in and charged as hold baggage at airport prices, should the checked baggage allowance be exceeded.
Checked baggage allowances will vary according to the fare option selected. A ValueFlyer fare includes one (1) piece of checked baggage, whilst a FlexiFlyer fare includes two (2) pieces of checked baggage. Checked baggage allowance is based on a piece concept with a prescribed weight of 23 kg per piece. Customers may purchase one (1) additional piece of checked baggage. Checked baggage allowance is interchangeable with sports equipment or musical instruments.
Customers are permitted to purchase one (1) additional piece of checked baggage. Fastjet recommends customers pre-purchase this via Manage My Booking on www.fastjet.com, the Call Centre or at a Fastjet shop. Additional checked baggage purchased at the airport will be charged at a premium rate.
Each piece of checked baggage is limited to 23 kg with excess weight permitted at a fee and subject to availability up to a maximum of 32 kg.
Fastjet Baggage Allowances
• ValueFlyer fares include one (1) piece and FlexiFlyer fares include two (2) pieces of checked baggage, at a maximum weight of 23 kg each. Customers may travel with one (1) additional piece of checked baggage. Checked baggage may include sports equipment or musical instruments.
• If your bag exceeds 23 kg, you will be charged extra for each additional kg.
• Please make sure your checked bags are within the prescribed dimensions.
• Oversized bags presented as checked baggage will be charged an excess rate provided that the bag is within the acceptable dimensions prescribed by the airport operators.
• For safety reasons, no single item can exceed 32 kg or a combined dimension of 81 x 119 x 119 cm.
• Pre-book your baggage online (up to one (1) hour prior to your flight departure) via the Manage my Booking option on the Fastjet website, through the call centre or at a Fastjet shop and save.
• There is NO refund or partial payment if your checked bag weighs less than the permitted weight per piece.
• Travel systems (baby stroller or pram) and up to two mobility aids fly FREE OF CHARGE.
Fastjet permits customers to travel with Smart Bags provided the lithium battery is disconnected and removed at the check-in counter. The bag must adhere to the size and weight restrictions mentioned above. The battery must be carried with you into the aircraft cabin. For safety reasons, if a guest is unable to remove the battery Fastjet won't accept it for carriage. This is in line with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.