Why book with us
- Bringing you the best fares from all airlines
- Expert assistance from booking to departure
- Online destinations for planning your travels
At Mango, the safety of their clients always comes first – adding to why they’re the most-loved, affordable airline in South Africa.
They are one of the best on-time and low-cost airlines in South Africa with a range of destinations to fly to, making travel in South Africa an affordable option.
They have the widest range of payment options including cash, EFT, credit cards and store cards such as Edgars and Jet.
Please note: any travellers that do not carry a completed Health Declaration form will not be allowed to travel, and may subsequently forfeit their travel ticket.
Mango is a subsidiary airline of South African Airways that has been in operation since October 2006 and is owned by the South African state. With a fleet of vibrant orange aircraft, it is no doubt that Mango Airlines is one of the most innovative airlines in South Africa. Mango doesn’t just offer cheap flights, they provide top-line services such as on-board WiFi for business people who prefer working on the go, as well as a fine selection of in-flight programmes on Mango TV.
Mango is currently flying the following routes:
Mango Airlines' baggage allowances couldn’t be easier to understand:
• 20kg allowance per adult passenger
• 10kg allowance for infants
• One piece of carry-on luggage is allowed per passenger and may not be larger than 56cm x 36cm x 23 cm or weigh more than 7kg.
There’s a small charge of R35.00 per kilogram for domestic travel, and R65 per kilogram for flights between Zanzibar. The maximum luggage weight is 32kg.
At the Airport:
There’s a small charge of R50.00 per kilogram for domestic travel, and R85 per kilogram for flights between Zanzibar. The maximum luggage weight is 32kg.
Please check in at least 2 hours before scheduled departure to account for any unforeseen delays.
For Mango flights remember to check in with:
• Proof of identity (a valid passport, South African ID book or valid driver's license)
• The credit card you used to make your Mango booking
• Your Travelstart e-ticket
For safety reasons, passengers who require assistance, as well as those travelling with infants and children under 16 years, are not permitted to sit in emergency exit rows on Mango flights.
Passengers are required to wear masks and maintain good hygiene and proper social distancing during their travels.
Mango Airlines only offers Economy Class travel to its customers.
Buy on Board
Mango Airlines is a low-cost carrier and operates as such. Smart and experienced cabin crew are on board to attend to your every need, however, all food, snacks and beverages are sold on a pay as you go basis and are not included in the flight ticket price. The aptly named Mango ‘Spaza’ offers travellers assorted sandwiches, coffee/tea, cool drinks, wine and beer. There is also the Mango Kiddies Box available on board all FlyMango flights – this lucky dip is especially useful to keep the kids entertained on those longer flights between Johannesburg and Cape Town.
WiFi Access: Compatible with most WiFi-enabled devices, Mango airlines WiFi service allows you to surf the web at 30 000 feet! Various pricing packages are available to suit your needs.
Mango TV: If you feel like zoning out on your flight, then sit back and relax to a mix of locally produced programmes. Mango TV provides a welcome escape on your journey.
Travelling with pets:
Mango Airlines transports domestic pets only - dogs, cats, and small domestic birds. Your pet will be checked as cargo and will fly in a pressurized compartment in the belly of the aircraft – don’t worry, this is a whole lot safer than it sounds!
Pets aren’t included in the checked baggage allowance.
Each passenger can travel with two animals.
Pet fees on Mango flights are only payable at the airport and that the number of pets allowed as cargo is subject to space availability.
Once you’ve booked your Mango flight with Travelstart, contact the Mango call centre on 086 1 1MANGO (62646) to book your pet.
Mango specifies the following when it comes to flying with pets in South Africa:
• No pet containers are permitted in the passenger cabin of the aircraft
• It’s the passenger’s responsibility to supply suitable pet containers that are placed in the cargo hold
• The pet and the container cannot exceed a weight of more than 32kgs
• Only 1 animal is permitted in each container
• The container must be leak-proof and must meet all government requirements for safe and humane transport
• Soft-sided containers are not allowed in the cargo hold of the aircraft
• Containers must be made of metal, polyethylene, or fibreglass
• Containers are subject to inspection and approval by Mango Airlines
• Pet containers must be accompanied by a guest with a booking at check-in
• One guest may transport two pet containers in the cargo department
The white sands and turquoise seas of the Mother City are more accessible than ever with cheap Mango flights to Cape Town. Mango flights to Cape Town depart daily from Johannesburg (O.R. Tambo) as well as Durban’s King Shaka International Airport (DUR).
Current Mango Destinations
• Johannesburg (OR Tambo)
• Cape Town
Mango's Orange Fleet
Mango operates eco-friendly Boeing B737-800 planes on all routes. FlyMango aircraft seat 186 passengers with three adjacent seats on either side of the centre aisle in each row.
Having recently welcomed its sixth new generation Boeing 737-800 to their fleet; Mango passengers can look forward to optimised flight schedules and increased frequencies on all the major routes.
|Hub airport:||O.R. Tambo International|
|Inflight magazine:||Mango Juice|
The information on this page is correct as of date of publishing. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
Explore our Hotel listings:
Need help with your booking? Contact our expert Travelstart Live agents for guidance and booking assistance.