Fly with Air Botswana
If you’re ready to take on a true African safari experience, then you’ve landed on the right page! Thanks to Travelstart and Air Botswana you can fly to Maun; the gateway to the captivating Okavango Delta in Botswana. Book now, seats are selling fast! T&C’s Apply.
When can I book: until 30 April 2017- subject to availability
When can I travel: until 30 April 2017 - subject to availability
Air Botswana (BP) operates scheduled flights from South Africa (Cape Town & Johannesburg) to various cities in Botswana, (Gaborone, Maun and Francistown) With a flight schedule that suits the needs of business and leisure travellers, it’s no wonder Air Botswana has become the choice airline for flights between Botswana and South Africa..
Air Botswana is the national flag carrier of Botswana and is based at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport (code GBE) in the capital city of Gaborone.
You can book Air Botswana flights from Johannesburg or Cape Town to the following domestic destinations in Botswana:
- Flights from Johannesburg to Gaborone – available 4-5 times daily
- Flights from Johannesburg to Maun – available daily departing OR Tambo at 11:10 am
- Flights from Johannesburg to Francistown – flights available three times a weekly (Monday, Tuesdays & Thursdays) departing O.R. Tambo at 16:45
- Flights from Cape Town to Gaborone - available 4 times a week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday)
All Air Botswana flights from or to Johannesburg depart or arrive at O.R. Tambo International Airport (JNB). Flights from Gaborone to Johannesburg take approximately 1 hour on Air Botswana.
For domestic flights on Air Botswana check in time is 1 hour before departure time.
For Air Botswana, international flight check-in is 2 hours before the departure time.
For flights from Johannesburg (O.R. Tambo International Airport) check-in time is 2 hours before the departure time.
If you’re a South African citizen travelling to Botswana, then remember your South African passport when checking in for all Air Botswana flights. Citizens of Botswana can use their passports for international flights and National Identity Card (Omang) for domestic flights check in.
Baggage Allowance – Air Botswana
Air Botswana’s baggage allowance is stipulated by the airline as follows:
- 1 free piece of carryon luggage weighing no more than 7kg
- checked luggage weighing no more than 30kg --- may be more than 1 bag but total weight should be 30Kg
Book Air Botswana flights in South Africa now.
The information on this page is correct as of February 2017. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.co.za takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
- Sale Validity: until 30 April 2017 - subject to availability
- Travel Validity: for trips commencing on or before 30 April 2017. All travel must be completed by midnight on 30 April 2017.
- Valid for return flights departing from Johannesburg to Maun
- Blackout dates apply
- Fares may differ due to currency fluctuation
- Offer is subject to availability of seats at time of booking
- Subject to airline terms and conditions
- Fares booked through our direct call centre will attract an additional service fee