Fly with SA Express
Getting to know SA Express
South African Express may have striking similiarities to its strategic parnters South African Airways and SA Airlink however it operates completely independantly. Its claim to fame since 1994 is that they're fastet growing regional Airline in Africa.
With names like the Bombardier CRJ200 and the Dash 8-Q300 making up their fleet, SA Express are fully capable of living up to their namesake by offering rapid nonstop flights to South Africa’s major centres as well as regional destinations further afield.
Book cheap SA Airlink flights with Travelstart today!
Why fly with SA Express
- Been in operation for over 20 years since its formation in 1994
- It's in-flight magazine Indwe has won numerous awards such as the Silver International Folio Award for best designed new publication in 2010
- In October 2014 SA Express become the first airline in the country to adopt a new method of taxiing after landing that burns less fuel and cuts fuel emissions.
SA Express offers its passengers the following checked baggage allowance:
- Adult 20kg
- Child 20kg
- Infant 10kg
Infants without a booked seat on an SA Express flight are entitled to a 10kg baggage allowance and one collapsible stroller.
For carry-on baggage, SA Express passengers are entitled to one piece of hand luggage with maximum dimensions of 52 X 40 X 23 cm, and a maximum weight of 7kg.
Excess baggage will incur additonal charges per 1kgBaggage liablity
Valuable items including cameras and accessories, computers including laptops and notebooks, mobile telephones, perfumes, aftershaves, colognes,legal and company documents, legal tender including cash, credit cards and cheques, bullion, leather jackets, all types of jewellery and any other items with a value in excess of R400 must be removed from either checked-in or Skycheck baggage as the airline is not liable for loss or damage to these items
SA Express has a strict on time check in policy to avoid delays and for the benefit of all their passengers.
- Domestic Flights – 1 and a half hours before departure of flight
- Regional Flights – 2 and a half hours before departure of flight
Boarding gates closes 15 minutes before SA Express flights depart.
SA Express true to its name offers its passengers the option to skip the lines and check in online of via self service kiosk at OR Tambo, Durban and Cape Town Airport.
SA Express pffers its clients the option of economy or business class seating.
SA Express flights depart daily from Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban while also providing regional flights to neighbouring countriesLocal flights
- Bloemfontein Airport
- Cape Town International Airport
- Durban – King Shaka International Airport
- East London
- George Airport
- Hoedspruit – Eastgate Airport
- Johannesburg – O.R. Tambo International Airport
- Kimberley Airport
- Nelspruit – Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- Pietermaritzburg Airport
- Port Elizabeth Airport
- Richards Bay Airport
- Pilanesberg International Airport
- Gaborone - Botswana
- Lubumbashi - DRC
- Walvis Bay Namibia
- Windhoek - Namibia
- Lusaka –Zambia
- Harare - Zimbabwe
SA Express now has a fleet of 24 aircrafts all of them being Bombardiers
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|XZ||O.R. Tambo International||Star Alliance||Voyager||Indwe|
The information on this page is correct as of October 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.co.za takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.