Travel Insurance (Covid-19 Protection)
Protect yourself against unforeseen events including extensive cover for COVID19 related medical, testing, quarantine, repatriation and cancellation expenses, as well as theft, damage and delays of baggage. This product only applies to residents of South Africa under the age of 71 years.
Why you need this product
Enjoy peace of mind with Covid-19 travel protection
Available on any international bookings
Medically required treatment, testing and quarantine costs covered up to R100m
Cancellation and curtailment loss covered up to R40k
Theft, damage and delays of baggage covered up to R30k
How to add it to your booking
Select your flight/s.
Select ‘Travel Insurance’ under Customise Your Trip.
Select payment method and complete booking payment.
Receive your policy document via email once your booking is confirmed.
Read your policy documents to ensure the product is appropriate.
If you require a travel visa, take this policy to your embassy of application.
Terms & conditions
- This product may be purchased at time of booking or up to 120 days prior to departure.
- The product and processing fees are charged per person.
- Only residents of South Africa (main home in RSA) are eligible for this product.
- Travellers may not exceed the age limit of 70 years.
- You must be healthy and fit for travel.
- Cover is not provided for emigration purposes; travel is no more than 180 consecutive days.
- Excess payments apply for any claims made.
- You will not be covered for:
- Quarantine upon arrival in South Africa
- Travel against the advice of a medical practitioner
- Travel with the intention of obtaining medical treatment or consultation abroad
- Pregnancy and childbirth-related complications after the 26th week of pregnancy
See a summary of the benefits, full terms and conditions and exclusions here.