Fly with fastjet Airlines
Getting to know fastjet
Tanzanian based fastjet, the airline with the parrot logo, was the first no frills carrier to serve passengers on the African continent. In line with its low-cost way of transporting passengers, the carrier offers its customers the lowest possible fares in addition to pay-as-you-go optional extras.
fastjet are on their way to becoming Africa's first pan-continental airline. Since launching in 2012, they have flown nearly 2,000,000 passengers with customers benefitting from fares as low as $10 one way.
Book your Fastjet flights with Travelstart today!
Why fly with fastjet?
- fastjet has already launched (November 2012) using five A319 aircraft. The A319 is configured to carry 145 to 156 passengers which affords an economy of scale to support the low cost model in which it operates.
- The A319 is a single aisle twin-engine jet that offers high levels of efficiency and low environmental impact, in addition to the high levels of comfort expected in modern state-of-the-art aircraft.
- Manufactured by Airbus, the aircraft is part of the A320 family of aircraft and is identical to the A320 in all aspects other than its length.
Keeping with the low cost model, fastjet passengers will be paying for checked luggage. Anything bigger than usual hand luggage (56cm X 45cm X 25cm) will need to be checked in as hold baggage. Infants travelling without a seat do not have a hand luggage allowance
Fares exclude checked hold luggage which costs an additional R240 per person per flight per 20 kgs
Checked Luggage can be purchased when booking fastjet on www.travelstart.co.za if travelling > 3 days from booking. Checked baggage purchased on departure at the airport will cost DOUBLE the price
Food and Refreshments
fastjet offer a full in-flight menu to keep you refreshed on board their domestic and international flights.
Hot, cold and alcoholic drinks are available as well as a selection of sweet and savoury snacks.
On board food and beverages are NOT included in your ticket.
fastjet provide its Travelsmart Inflight Magazine on board.
Mobile phones and any device using wireless data services can be used when at cruising altitude ONLY if the flight safe mode is enabled.
Cabin crew will advise when these items can and cannot be used.
fastjet international expansion is continuing - after launching international routes between Dar es Salaam and Johannesburg, Lusaka, Harare, Entebbe and Nairobi, we have our sights firmly set on expansion across Africa.
New routes will be announced on our website, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. If you'd like to keep up to date with our expansion plans and be the first to know about new routes
Destinations from South Africa
|Johannesburg - JNB - South Africa|
|Dar es Salaam - DAR - Tanzania||Ex Jnb. Four flights a week on Mon, Wed, Fri + Sun|
|Zanzibar - ZNZ - Tanzania||Twice a week JNBZNZ on Mondays and Fridays | ZNZJNB on Wednesdays and Sundays *|
|Harare - HRE - Zimbabwe||Ex Jnb. Double Daily (in both directions) Mon-Thurs | one flight per direction per day on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays|
|Victoria Falls - VFA - Zimbabwe||Ex Jnb. Two flights a week on Thursdays + Sundays|
*Flights from Johnnesburg-Zanzibar-Johannesburg are scheduled to stop in Dar es Salaam en route to Zanzibar in both directions. Passengers will be asked to remain on board whilst others disembark in Dar Es Salaam.
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|FN||Dar es Salaam (DAR)||Hahn Air Systems||To our knowledge Fastjet offers no loyalty program||Travelsmart Inflight Magazine|
The information on this page is correct as of November 2015. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.co.za takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
- Sales: 19th-27th October 2016
- Travel: 19th October-30th November 2016. Blackout periods may apply.
- Fares include airport taxes and 7 kgs hand luggage
- Fares exclude checked luggage – you can purchase 20 kgs per person checked luggage on the website at the approx. R218 per person per flight.
- Subject to availability.
- Flights booked through Travelstarts call centre will attract and additional booking fee.
- Johannesburg - Victoria Falls operates twice a week in both directions on Thursdays and Sundays
- Johannesburg - Harare – twice a day Mondays-Fridays | Saturday 1 flight | Sunday 1 flight – from November there will be two flights a day