Travelstart is a market-leading Online Travel Agency. We operate globally, with a focus on the Middle
East and Africa. Online Travel is a fast-moving, complex domain; one that is unlikely to bore the
brightest of minds. We're a driven, enthusiastic team looking to disrupt the norm wherever we can.
Travelstart is seeking a highly skilled and passionate Senior SRE Engineer to join our dynamic
corporate travel tech team. Travelstart is continually expanding and developing product ranges,
technologies and systems in the travel industry.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Systems Engineers and IT Support Engineers on projects and tasks
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation
to prevent problem recurrence.
- Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow scaling to support thousands of
- Debug production issues across services and all levels of the stack
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Maintain a secure and solid IT Infrastructure for all ecommerce applications.
- Delegate maintenance tasks and new project implementation to the IT or SRE team
- Mentoring and Training to both SRE and IT teams
- Drive education of DevOps practise to the group as a whole
- Work closely with the security officer, managers,system architects and other teams to ensure that
PCI and other compliance or security requirements are implemented and maintained.
- Overall ensure that SLA and other service delivery metrics have been met.
- Manage and oversee on-call rotation
- Root cause identification
- Transfer knowledge and mentor developers about DevOps and ensure that the right tooling is in
- Excellent understanding of DNS, CDN and WAF
- Experience with AWS and cloud services is essential.
- Very good understanding of PCI and other security standards or practises
- Automation first mindset
- Experience with Terraform,Chef and other infrastructure as code tools
- Experience with Jenkins and Spinnaker or other CI/CD tools
- Logging infrastructure (ELK)
- A working understanding of code and scripts (Ruby,Java,Go,Bash)
- Experience with Configuration Management (Chef)
- Experience with DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including
environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and regulatory compliance.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker and container tooling
- Strong background in Linux and Windows Server administration.
- MySQL and Postgres Knowledge
- The opportunity to play a key role in the growth and management of one of the African continent’s
most exciting travel companies, with opportunities for career growth and direct support from senior
members and team leaders.
- Flexible hours.
- The opportunity to rapidly grow within the company.
- In-house coffee and snack shop.
- Fun team outings and team building activities.
- Incredible personal growth experience.
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV
to: email@example.com. The reference
for this opportunity is “Senior SRE Engineer”.
Please insert this into the subject
line of your email application. Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will
receive a response.
Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final
appointment will be at the
discretion of Travelstart. Travelstart is committed to transformation and redressing of
goals will be taken into account in our selection process.