We’re looking for a highly creative and motivated UX Specialist motivated by creating meaningful and memorable experiences that delight our customers and drive profit to the business..
- You will work closely with Product Owners, Key Business Stakeholders, UI Designers and Engineers to achieve company and team objectives
- Have a holistic overview of all user flows for the product, Identifying problems in the product & researching possible solutions for these problems
- You turn stakeholder requests into concepts & user flows
- You are a champion of usability and you make strategic user-experience decisions related to core functions and features
- You consider business goals and see how we can turn it into product goals based and ideally consider both qualitative and quantitative data when making decisions
- You are able to work on app (iOS and Android) and website and see what works natively for each
- You Leverage research insights (both qualitative and quantitative), trends, and best practices to recommend and influence the product experience. Connect design decisions to desired business goals and outcomes.
- Participate in user research activities and usability studies to be able to iterate design solutions based on customer data.
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming sessions and workshops with multi-disciplinary teams during the early stages of product ideation.
- Produce concept models, journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and UI mock-ups.
- Understand our brand, our aesthetic, and our differentiators – become a brand champion in everything you contribute.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- Help cultivate a strong design culture within the Travelstart team.
- Drive UX vision in alignment with product roadmaps.
- 3+ years of professional UX experience as a key member of a UX team
participating in the product development lifecycle of several successfully delivered native
applications and/or software applications.
- Have worked in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Solid knowledge of Invision and any wire-framing/prototyping tool (Sketch will be preferred)
- Demonstrated experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
- Demonstrated experience in doing usability testing and design research activities
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision making yet be able to have open, direct and respectful conversations to ensure we reach the best possible design solutions as a team
- Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel industry experience
- Provide a portfolio of UX case studies that you have worked on
- English speaker with good written, verbal, and presentation abilities
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humour
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV (maximum 3 pages) and
portfolio to: email@example.com.
for this opportunity is “UX Specialist”. Please insert this into the subject
line of your
email application. Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Please
that we reserve the right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the
Travelstart is committed to transformation and redressing of past inequalities. Our employment equity
goals will be taken into account in our selection process.