Fly with Turkish Airlines
INTERNATIONAL SALE FROM R6 843
Secure the hottest seats to unforgettable destinations with Turkish Airline. Book discounted fares departing from Cape Town to Tel Aviv, Athens, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Zurich, Malta and more starting from R6 843. This exclusive deal won’t last forever as the sale ends 31 January 2017 to travel from 1 May – 30 September 2017. Don’t miss out. T&C’s Apply.
When can I book: Until 31 January 2017
When can I travel: From 01 May 2017 – 30 September 2017
From Cape Town
Established in 1933 as State Airlines Administration, their initial fleet consisted of two five-seat Curtiss Kingbirds, two four-seat Junkers F.13s, and one ten-seat Tupolev ANT-9. In 1938, they became part of the Ministry of Transportation, and over the years their fleet and company grew exceptionally big.
Turkish Airline therefore, became the national flag carrier airline of Turkey, and as of February 2015, they were considered the fourth-largest carrier in the world, by the number of destinations they travel between.Book cheap Turkish Airlines flights with Travelstart today!
Why fly with Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines won the Sktrax awards for Europe's Best Airline, Southern Europe's Best Airline, and the World's Best Premium Economy Class Airline Seat for three consecutive years (2011-2013)!
- Additionally, they were awarded Airline of the Year by Air Transport in 2013!
- Turkish Airlines being the fourth-largest carrier in the world, offers travellers the convenience of being able to travel to most destinations at affordable prices, with excellent services guaranteed!
1 Piece of hand-luggage is allowed in-flight (8kg). The baggage allowance may vary depending on the destination distance and flight. Passengers are required to inform themselves about this before they arrive to the airport.
Below is the free baggage allowance:
|Business||30 kgs||10 kgs|
|Economy||20 kgs||10 kgs|
|Promotional||15 kgs||10 kgs|
|Cabin Class||Free baggage allowance|
|Promotional||10 kgs + 1 collapsible baby carriage/ buggy|
Passengers can make use of online check-in between 24 hours to 90 minutes prior to the departure time of flight.
Check-in can also be done at the airport desks, these desks are closed 60 minutes to international, 45 minutes to domestic flights scheduled departing time.
Passengers are required to inform themselves on the timings of check-in when booking their flights, to ensure that they do not miss their flights.
Cabin classesEconomy Class
In economy class passengers are offered a wide array of services, namely:
- Comfortable seating.
- USB and Laptop chargers available at seats.
- International Airlines.
- In-flight connectivity.
- Screens to watch programmes.
- Catering services
Comfort class passengers have access to the following services:
- Welcome drinks
- Meal service is offered twice on flights.
- In-flight connectivity.
- Touch screens are available.
- High quality menus
- Welcome drinks
- In-flight screens and in-flight connectivity
- Seat includes and Ottoman
- On-board power receptacle supplies energy for laptops and other electrical devices.
- Reading light available at seat.
- Large table is made available.
- Turkish Airlines lounges.
The above mentioned services are not available on all flights, as they are still in the process of adding these services to all flights. Passengers can find out the services offered their flight on the Turkish Airlines site.
As of February 2015, Turkish Airlines currenly flies to 280 destinations in 110 countries. Their main base is Istanbul Ataturk Airport.
Turkish carrier has secondary hubs in:
- Esenboga International Airport
- Sabiha Golden International Airport
- Adnan Menderes Airport.
Top destinations for Turkish Airlines
|IATA code:||Hub Airport:||Alliance:||Loyalty program:||Inflight magazine:|
|TK||Istanbul Ataturk Airport||Star Alliance||Miles & Smiles||Skylife|
The information on this page is correct as of August 2016. While every effort is made to keep information as fresh as possible, Travelstart.co.za takes no responsibility for any of the information being out of date or incorrectly noted.
- Sale Validity: Sale ends 31 January 2017.
- Travel Validity: 01 May 2017 – 30 September 2017
- Minimum of a 3 day stay and a maximum of a month
- Fares are subject to change and availability.
- Offer is subject to availability of seats at time of booking.
- Subject to Turkish Airlines terms and conditions.