Purpose of this Role
As a Product Owner at Travelstart, you will be working closely with a team of Engineers and Designers to
develop the Travelstart B2C product. Your purpose is to enable the team to drive towards a product vision which fulfills your collective objectives.
As a Product Owner you will be expected to:
- Work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to identify problems and opportunities
- Proactively manage your stakeholders’ expectations by communicating throughout the product development process
- Work closely with a team of Engineers and Designers, supporting the team in creating a roadmap that will lead you to achieve the team’s objective
- Define the metrics and KPI’s used to measure the impact of your product development initiatives
- Use both quantitative and qualitative research to improve the product, and report on the performance thereof
- Translate your and your team’s knowledge and experience into user stories, which will clearly outline the different steps towards reaching your team’s objective
- Manage and prioritise your team’s backlog ensuring that there is a healthy balance of product growth and maintenance, as well as System improvements
- Create and drive an environment of experimentation where each action is a step towards solving a problem and reaching objectives
- Coordinate dependencies with other Product Owners to ensure there is a consistent overall product direction
In the role of a Product Owner, the following will be your core skills:
- Effective communication of concepts and ideas to stakeholders of all levels
- Ability to manage a project in it’s full cycle, from ideation to re-iteration
- Ability to report and present results of any given team initiative
- Continuous customer focus in a data minded environment
- Ability to operate in, and continuously enable, a cross functional team
What we do
As a Team, we ...
- Run experiments to understand the impact of our work
- Create sustainably designed platforms that portray our brand
- Solve problems that affect both consumers and the business
- Design experiences
Great product ...
- Solves problems that are relevant to the user
- Is simple and intuitive
- Is so simple and intuitive that it’s considered obvious
- Has consistency throughout the entire experience
- Becomes so ingrained it turns into a verb
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV (maximum 3 pages), to: email@example.com
When Applying - It is a real "plus" if you send us a 3min MAX video recording of who you are, Why you are the best candidate for the role and why you are interested in the role!’
Please include a copy of your academic certificate and transcript (marks).
The reference for this opportunity is “Satellite Market Accountant” please insert this into the subject line of your email application.
Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response. Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the discretion of Travelstart. Good luck!