Purpose of Role
The Data Analyst will be responsible for optimizing processes and providing data-driven insights to the Revenue Management and Supply functions.
- 3 years’ experience as a data analyst
- Experience within the Travel industry will be advantageous
Qualifications / Certifications
- Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering, Quantitative Management or Actuarial Science.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Software: Advanced Excel, MS Office;
- Scripting languages: Python, R;
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL;
- Data visualisation: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI;
- An interest in the travel industry;
- Expereince in machine learning principles;
- Interest in automating processes;
- Ability to conduct exploratory research exercises;
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited guidance;
Personal Competency Requirements
- Effective communication skills (written/verbal)
- Stakeholder management
- Prioritisation of tasks and objectives
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Quality and Detail Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Creating and Innovating
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Responsible and accountable personality
Key Performance Areas & Indicators
- Developing models to effectively price flights for optimal revenue generation.
- Develop route forecasting models.
- Assist in automating markup rule update process.
- Assist in implementing dynamic pricing i.e. price-response curve implementation.
- Support the fortnightly revenue management meeting.
- Provide general revenue management related data to business on an ad-hoc basis.
- Monitor all revenue-related metrics of the organization.
- Extend analytical cabilities to other markets and departments.
- Supporting the supply function as well as external suppliers with relevant data.
- Ensure the revenue management/supply loop works effectively.
- Develop optimization models to assist in supplier content request decisions.
- Automate supplier reporting processes.
- Sales planning, support, and analysis.
- Assist in developing proactive reporting mechanisms to support interaction with suppliers.
- Support the data science mission at Travelstart.
- Data extraction, feature engineering, model creation, scoring and evaluating models.
- Customer segmentation.
- Search outlier detection.
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV (maximum 3 pages), to: email@example.com
Please include a copy of your academic certificate and transcript (marks).
The reference for this opportunity is “Data Analyst”.
Please insert this into the subject line of your email application. Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the discretion of Travelstart. Good luck!