Purpose of Role
The Data Analyst will be responsible for optimizing processes and providing data-driven insights to the Revenue Management and Supply functions.
- 3 years’ experience as a data analyst
- Experience within the Travel industry will be advantageous
Qualifications / Certifications
- Degree in Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics, Engineering, Quantitative Management or Actuarial Science.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Software: Advanced Excel, MS Office;
- Scripting languages: Python, R;
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL;
- Data visualisation: Tableau, Microsoft Power BI;
- An interest in the travel industry;
- Expereince in machine learning principles;
- Interest in automating processes;
- Ability to conduct exploratory research exercises;
- Ability to work autonomously and with limited guidance;
Personal Competency Requirements
- Effective communication skills (written/verbal)
- Stakeholder management
- Prioritisation of tasks and objectives
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Quality and Detail Orientation
- Customer Focus
- Creating and Innovating
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Responsible and accountable personality
Key Performance Areas & Indicators
- Developing models to effectively price flights for optimal revenue generation.
- Develop route forecasting models.
- Assist in automating markup rule update process.
- Assist in implementing dynamic pricing i.e. price-response curve implementation.
- Support the fortnightly revenue management meeting.
- Provide general revenue management related data to business on an ad-hoc basis.
- Monitor all revenue-related metrics of the organization.
- Extend analytical cabilities to other markets and departments.
- Supporting the supply function as well as external suppliers with relevant data.
- Ensure the revenue management/supply loop works effectively.
- Develop optimization models to assist in supplier content request decisions.
- Automate supplier reporting processes.
- Sales planning, support, and analysis.
- Assist in developing proactive reporting mechanisms to support interaction with suppliers.
- Support the data science mission at Travelstart.
- Data extraction, feature engineering, model creation, scoring and evaluating models.
- Customer segmentation.
- Search outlier detection.