Purpose of this Role
To provide regular reporting on marketing performance and provide actionable insights that lead to marketing optimization in order to grow the marketing team’s contribution to Travelstart’s business goals.
Key Performance Areas & Indicators
- Provide regular reporting on marketing performance and provide actionable insights that lead to marketing optimization in order to grow the marketing team’s contribution to Travelstart’s business goals
- Provision of insights in order to enable teams to achieve their KPIs, increase performance (team-level and as a whole) and help to drive additional profits.
- Monitor trends in line with team and business KPIs. Identify anomalies in the data - provide an understanding of / feedback on variances (where possible) and recommendations for adjustments/actions to take where applicable.
- Perform ad hoc analysis that leads to the provision of actionable insights.
- Drive the annual budget process for marketing by region and by channel.
- Manage tracking for the business through Google Tag Manager 360.
- Advanced understanding of Google Tag Manager 360 and Google Analytics 360
- Advanced understanding of how to track performance for all marketing channels
- Experience with writing SQL queries
- Advanced Excel Skills and/or a good understanding of Google Sheets
- Marketing & Data background - understanding how different marketing channels work
- Ability to analyse trends; identify anomalies - flag and present solutions
- Ability to build reports and visualize data (Data Studio, Tableau or a similar tool)
- Experience with forecasting for marketing and for a business as a whole
- Must be able to present insights/findings in a meaningful way, with proposed solutions and impacts thereof to colleagues and to C-level
- Understanding of other marketing platforms such as the DoubleClick Suite, Facebook Ads Manager, IBM etc.
- Expereince in working with big data
- Has worked with international markets and in the flight industry previously
- Drives Automation in areas that require optimisation
- Background in stats
- Experience working in BigQuery
- Experience with data model
- Experinece with writing Python
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform
- 2 – 5 years within digital marketing and / or e-commerce environments
- Tertiary Qualification in Business, Data and / or Marketing is essential
PERSONAL COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Bigger-picture thinker (business acumen)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to adapt
- Works with integrity
- Friendly (can work different personalities across teams)
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV (maximum 3 pages) and
portfolio to: email@example.com
The reference for this opportunity is "Marketing / Data Analyst". Please insert this into the subject
line of your email application. Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will not receive a response.
Please note that we reserve the right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final appointment will be at the
discretion of Travelstart.
Travelstart is committed to transformation and redressing of past inequalities. Our employment equity
goals will be taken into account in our selection process.