Purpose of Role
The Administrator Assistant core functions:
Responsible for the business financial planning and internal control to optimize financial resources.
Integral to financial management of the business including accurate reporting and compliance.
- General ledger journal processing and reports in Sage Evolution and in sub-systems (Xero &
- Monthly reconciliations prepared for review by the CFO and for month end reporting
- VAT and other statutory returns submitted on time
- Cash flows monitored and future trends predicted
- Critical suppliers paid on time
- Corporate credit cards paid before they reach their limit
- Company credit cards and staff costs monitored
- Cash flow managed to ensure sufficient cash on hand to pay suppliers
- Payments prioritized daily with financial administrator
- Appropriate financial controls developed, implemented and maintained/documented to ensure accurate
information processing, validity and completeness of expenditures in line with business objectives
- Appropriate authorisation of expenditure checked
- Adequate authorization obtained for invoices before payments
- Petty cash management
- Finance team assisted to ensure timely and accurate recording of customer transactions, including
deposits, cancellations and adjustments
- Monthly Depreciation and Fixed Asset Register updated in Sage Evolution for auditing purposes
- Audits process and outcomes of managed
- Communication with external bodies such as SARS, KPMG, Mazars and other government agencies
- Shared purpose communicated to team
- Expectations and objectives clearly communicated
- Supervision provided to junior accountant and financial administrator to ensure timely and
accurate payment of suppliers and billing of debtors
- Staff developed by overseeing training and poor performance
- Work reallocated when required
- Able to understand direct report’s roles and stand-in if needed for daily
- Excellent understanding of finance
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, finance or taxation.
- Strong relationship building
- Computer literate
- Commercial understanding of businesses, including knowledge of internal controls and business
processes/willingness to learn these.
- Workmanship – Independently carries out his/her work in accordance with professional standards. Is
developing herself/himself in her professional field. Has a thorough knowledge of her field.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a team and on your own
- Ability to work in a fast paced, creative environment.
- Result-Orientedness – The ability to take direct action in order to attain or exceed objectives.
- Conflict Management – The ability to handle conflicting interests diplomatically and to help solve
- Sensitivity – Being susceptible to the attitudes, feelings or circumstances of others and being
aware of the influence of one’s own behaviour on them.
- Cooperation – The ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve a shared goal – even
when the object at stake is of no direct personal interest.
- Planning and Organizing – The ability to determine goals and priorities and to assess the actions,
time and resources needed to achieve those goals.
- Focus on Quality – Setting high quality standards and striving for continuous improvement and to
- Integrity – Adherence to the standards, values and rules of conduct associated with one’s position
and the culture in which one operates. Being incorruptible.
- Controlling progress – The ability to control the progress of an employee's processes, tasks, or
activities and of one’s own work and responsibilities.
- Forming judgment – The ability to balance facts and potential approaches taking the appropriate
criteria into account.
- Stress Management – The ability to perform under pressure and adversity.
- Listening Skills – The ability to show one absorbs and understands important (non-) verbal
information and to ask further questions when necessary.
Personal Competency Requirements
- High energy levels
- Proactive mindset
- Organised, time management skills – able to multitask
- Capable of conducting routine functions in a disciplined manner – accuracy, diligence and
attention to detail
- Ability to adapt and understand new ways of working / ability to solve problems and provide
- Constant personal development
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written; fluent in Interpersonal skills
- Listening skills
- Team player
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Minimum 3 years working in a finance environment
- Pastel/Sage Experience
- Excel Experience
To apply for this awesome opportunity please send us your CV
to: email@example.com. The reference
for this opportunity is “SafariNow Finance Team Leader”.
Please insert this into the subject
line of your email application. Any applicants not meeting the minimum requirements will
receive a response.
Please note that we reserve to right to amend, freeze the role or not hire. The final
appointment will be at the
discretion of Travelstart. Travelstart is committed to transformation and redressing of
goals will be taken into account in our selection process.